How to make Aegisub work in OBS

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

How to make Aegisub work in OBS

Unread postby metalslayer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:17 pm

How to make Aegisub work in OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)?
It just can't capture video.
metalslayer
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: How to make Aegisub work in OBS

Unread postby jfs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:07 am

Odd, that the OBS Window Capture doesn't take the video display for some reason. I haven't heard of any other screen capture software failing that way on Aegisub.

With a bit of experimenting, I've found that you must either use Display Capture in OBS, or otherwise you have to combine a Window Capture and Game Capture source. The Game Capture takes only the video display, and the Window Capture takes everything else, so you have to manually position the Game Capture source in the right spot on the Window Capture on your broadcast layout.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Re: How to make Aegisub work in OBS

Unread postby metalslayer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:17 pm

jfs wrote:Odd, that the OBS Window Capture doesn't take the video display for some reason. I haven't heard of any other screen capture software failing that way on Aegisub.

With a bit of experimenting, I've found that you must either use Display Capture in OBS, or otherwise you have to combine a Window Capture and Game Capture source. The Game Capture takes only the video display, and the Window Capture takes everything else, so you have to manually position the Game Capture source in the right spot on the Window Capture on your broadcast layout.

I see Aegisub on Game Capture but it would not actually capture video. Ohh.
I resize program and return for full screen and now I capture the video like a game.
Thanl you a lot, jfs!
metalslayer
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Return to Aegisub Help