I have a problem with... something in Aegi

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

I have a problem with... something in Aegi

Unread postby Tatyana » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello. I am not a long time user, but a fan. And not a technic mind, for sure.

This problem appeared not long ago.
I had a 3.0 version that time, and it had been working for half a year before that smoothly. But then, during translation process or timing, my Aegi began crushing (I do not know the proper word for that) after several hours of work, for sure. It just hangs.
For the first couple of times I nervously tried to "export" my work into the file on my computer, but after that there was a real stop, and I kept reloading my system to process after that. Then I deleted the program from all disks and reload a 3.6 version of it on my computer. But the problem stood.

I would try to post a pic of my Aegi and how it looks for me. But I ask your help :-[ ---- because if any of you have something of this kind, you know how it is distubing.
Tatyana
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: I have a problem with... something in Aegi

Unread postby jfs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 am

I'm not sure what can cause a glitch like that, but my first suggestion is to reset Aegisub's settings by deleting the configuration files.

If you're on Windows, you can find them by typing %appdata%\Aegisub\ into the location bar in File Explorer:

Then inside the folder you will probably find some JSON files. Those are the configuration files. If you delete them, Aegisub will start from fresh.

In this case, I would delete config.json, hotkey.json, and mru.json.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Tatyana » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:49 pm

jfs , ok, that was big. Thank you very much for support. >:D I think, I have inderstood what you recommend. But that was pretty big in the whole run, you know... By deleting these files from appdata, I per se delete them from my inner settings< as I see. And It is like I have to work without my hotkeys or time/lead in/out or something but without some other inner bugs.
It is not that I have them so many in my Aegi, but these things are really helping sometimes and I thought, their modifications are welcomed or something. But of course, If it is the only way to cope with these inner problems, I'll think about it. :-* :-* :-*
Tatyana
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby jfs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

Yes it is a bit drastic, but sometimes it's the only way to solve strange problems.

Your problem most likely has nothing to do with hotkeys or the MRU, so you can leave those two files as they are, no need to delete those.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Return to Aegisub Help