Would you consider moving Aegisub's forum from to Discourse?

Talk about anything else you might want to.

Would you consider moving Aegisub's forum from to Discourse?

Unread postby Guardian » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 pm

Greetings, Aegisub authors,

Would you ever consider moving Aegisub's forum from phpBB to a Discourse system?
I ask because their forum software is the first that I've ever used (other than the Zune Social, I suppose) that I am actually happy with.

They are an open source forum software system and have a standing offer to any sizable open source project to offer free hosting for your forums.
Smaller open source projects also qualify for a 50% discount, if you wish to use Discourse's hosting plans. Details

Discourse is built by some of the same people responsible for StackExchange, to give some idea of the quality of their work.

Migrating from phpBB3 to Discourse is supported by default, so you ought to be all set, if you decide the move makes sense to you.
Please test out the way their forum software works at meta.discourse.org or try.discourse.org before you make your decision.

Thank you for your consideration.
Guardian
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: Would you consider moving Aegisub's forum from to Discou

Unread postby jfs » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:17 pm

That is a reasonable suggestion, especially considering that a forum like this takes a bunch of maintenance. We'll look into it :)
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Return to Miscellanea