Aegisub in 4k

Talk about anything else you might want to.

Aegisub in 4k

Unread postby eamonx » Sun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi there. I recently got a new monitor that has 4k resolution. After opening up aegisub and working with it I noticed some issues.

1) Loading the video. The video sizes are not correct. A 720p preview at 100% is not the same physical size as when opening up a normal 720p video in MPC or other players. The same with 1080p so I suppose this problem occurs with any video resolution.
2) Eyedropper tool: When I use the eyedropper tool to select colours from the video, it does not accurately work. I would hover over a position, but it would select the colour of a different position. I think this has to do video preview scale problem I mentioned above.

Is there any solution to this?
eamonx
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Aegisub in 4k

Unread postby jfs » Mon May 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Is this on Windows?
You may have display scaling set to something other than 100%, and Aegisub does have some bugs with that.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Re: Aegisub in 4k

Unread postby eamonx » Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 pm

After checking, indeed my display scaling is at 150%. Apparently Windows 10 recommends that scaling level at 4k resolution. I changed it to 100% and everything was far too small.

It would be cool if the scaling bug was fixed in the next Aegisub update ;) :D
eamonx
{\b1}
{\b1}

Return to Miscellanea