multiple subtitle position

Typesetting help and general discussion.

multiple subtitle position

Unread postby Danfansgroup » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi really newbie on Aegisub

so I download this effect I like and apply it but it put my subtitles on the bottom from top.what should I do?
I am doing multiple subtitle one on top other on bottom.
I positioned all the top subtitles by myself(manually)
I also would love to know how can I somehow told the program to put certain subtitle on certain postion through style I think
Danfansgroup
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: multiple subtitle position

Unread postby jfs » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Use the Style Manager to make separate styles for your normal subtitles, and those subtitles that need to go on the top of the screen.
You can also make more styles for other kinds of subtitles that are somehow different.

Then change the Alignment in the Style:
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby vichn » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 am

Hello there.

Could you please tell me how do I position a single line of subtitles a bit higher from the bottom of the screen and not apply this effect on double-lined subtitles which will be moved up too much and overlap the movie frame if I use Style manager?

To illustrate my question, here is a screenshot of subtitles I made:

And a screenshot from a random movie (I picked "Avatar"):

The single line of subtitles in the movie is higher from the bottom and is much easily readible. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. Any idea what font that is in the "Avatar" movie?
vichn
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby Normandito » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Perfect, it works with your software, but why when I am doing the convertion with a converter, the subtitles who where up goes back down under the sub who was already inmaid there. I have try with freemake video converter, AVS converter and Virtualdub... I am sure a software exist to do that job, I saw that many times watching foreign movies.
Best
Normandito
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby jfs » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 pm

You need to save in the ASS, SSA or STL subtitle formats from Aegisub for alignments to be kept at all.
Then you need to use encoding software (or playback software) that understands it.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Return to Typesetting