Moving text speed

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

Moving text speed

Unread postby VojtouNerCZ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello. I trying to make moving text in video, i use this command ( {\frz349\move(674.8,615.6,776,342.4,0:03:17.69,0:03:18.74)}Pokusný text ). The move effect work fine, but it is pretty slow and it wont get on end position-the subtitle dissapeared. I need it to be displayed from 0:03:17.69 to 0:03:21.91 and move from 0:03:17.69 to 0:03:18.74. But before the text move to the end, it will dissapear. What i am doing wrong?
Attachments
Bez názvu.ass
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
VojtouNerCZ
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: Moving text speed

Unread postby jfs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:12 pm

The times in the \move tag are specified relative to the subtitle line itself, not absolute.

You need to make the subtitle line have the start and end times match when you need it to be visible on screen.
The times in the \move tag then are milliseconds after the start time for the line.

You can also use the movement tool to help set it up:
First click (1) to go into positioning mode, then click (2) to go into movement mode. (Movement mode is a sub-mode of positioning mode, so you need to go into positioning first.)
You can then move the start and end points for the movement. When you move the start point, the start time for the movement is also set to the current video time, and likewise when you move the end point, the end time of the movement is set to the current video time. So, you go to the frame where the movement begins, move the start position to the right place, then you go to the frame where the movement ends, and move the end point to the right place.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Re: Moving text speed

Unread postby VojtouNerCZ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Thank you very much. It workes. Can I have another question? Is there any way to make text move itno the background? I mean something like in OP of higurashi no naku koro ni. The text will fly from the front of the screen and it will keep shrinking into the background for while.
VojtouNerCZ
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Return to Aegisub Help