edit a video with STMPE time that doesn't start with00:00:00

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

edit a video with STMPE time that doesn't start with00:00:00

Unread postby doremama » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am

Hi,

I am very new to Aegisub and I need a last minute help on this issue

So my video displays time in STMPE and the video starts in the middle (if you know what I mean, the STMPE stamp is not 00:00:00:00, instead, it starts at 00:04:00:00 - so the time set of the video and timeline on the aegisub aren't sync)

- I can't simply just put the time number in because the video time displays in hh:mm:ss:ff while in aegisub it is hh:mm:ss:cc
- Is there a way that I can use dummy video for 4 minute and then put the real video after the dummy video in the same timeline? does aegisub has function to put two video on the same timeline?)
- is there other ways? please I have been trying since 8am this morning :'( :'(
doremama
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: edit a video with STMPE time that doesn't start with00:0

Unread postby jfs » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:06 pm

If you will be exporting to the EBU STL format for the final deliverable, the STL export has a feature specifically for program start time (time code offset), that will add whatever time code you specify to all the subtitles. So you could specify 00:04:00:00 as time code offset, and all your subtitles created for a video starting at zero would now match the program.

For other formats than STL, you would have to shift the subtitles before saving/exporting for the deliverable. You can use Timing > Shift Times to shift all the subtitles forward by the appropriate amount.

In both cases, you would initially produce the subtitles as if the program started at 00:00:00:00.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Return to Aegisub Help