How can I attach external font?

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

How can I attach external font?

Unread postby Dreamject » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Hey! I use non standart font and I know user can attach font to the subtitle file. But, it is not good for serials. If I have about 500> EP and one font about 1mb, I will get 500> MB.
Can i set up folder for external sub?
Dreamject
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: How can I attach external font?

Unread postby jfs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:46 pm

I think maybe libass-based players (like VLC and mpv) can do something like that, but I'm quite sure VSFilter can't. At any rate it's something that has to be configured in the video player, the ASS format itself doesn't have a mechanism for it.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Dreamject » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm

jfs wrote:I think maybe libass-based players (like VLC and mpv) can do something like that, but I'm quite sure VSFilter can't. At any rate it's something that has to be configured in the video player, the ASS format itself doesn't have a mechanism for it.

I've found. PotPlayer and KMPlayer can load subtitles from %subs%\Fonts folder. It works only on that players, I did not find solutions for other players
Dreamject
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby jfs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Theoretically it may be possible to do some trickery with MKV segment linking and attachments, to have all videos link an empty (or single frame) segment that has the shared fonts attached. But whether it could work depends entirely on the Matroska splitter used, I'm not sure if any would actually work for this and I'm not sure if its behavior is even well-defined.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Dreamject » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 am

Theoretically it may be possible to do some trickery with MKV segment linking and attachments, to have all videos link an empty (or single frame) segment that has the shared fonts attached. But whether it could work depends entirely on the Matroska splitter used, I'm not sure if any would actually work for this and I'm not sure if its behavior is even well-defined.

OK, can you give me an example?

Integrated subs are not very comfortable, I think, because time for sub opening (sorry my English :) at least in Aegisub increases. Also, you need integrate by hand (or use "template" sub) for each series.

If you read it, as developer, i have some suggestion:

1. Can you send attached section to the end of file? It will be aesier to manually edit ass file from Notepad
2. There is not only ttf font, otf and other formats are exist too. Aegisub does not allow you to attach any from ttf.
3. Options for Font Collector to send font to %subs%\Fonts folder. It is easier for sending this to Fonts folder when you use Windows and it will have compatibility for popular PotPlayer-like players
Dreamject
{\b1}
{\b1}

Return to Aegisub Help