VLC fade effect?

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

VLC fade effect?

Unread postby Mechasanic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 am

So I've been encountering a problem recently regarding with viewing fading effects with VLC. Sometimes I'm able to get them to work, but more times then not, they'll just appear, with no fade effect present. I've set the fade to "{\fad(0,500)}", so unless I'm doing something wrong without realizing it, I don't see why the effect isn't showing. I'm aware of this thread regarding this problem in MPC, but as far as I know there any "pre-buffering" option on VLC.
Last edited by Mechasanic on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mechasanic
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: VLV fade affect?

Unread postby jfs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Just to be sure, you are saving your subtitles in the ASS format, right? It's the only one Aegisub supports, that can do fades.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Mechasanic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes, the file is saved in the .ass format.
Mechasanic
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby Mechasanic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Posted a video just so there's a better understanding of what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126cg-b ... e=youtu.be
Mechasanic
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby jfs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:16 pm

The difference I see between your first and second example is that in the second, that doesn't work, the \fad tag is placed after the text rather than before.
That it doesn't fade is definitely a bug, but probably in libass, because \fad is supposed to work as a whole-subtitle effect and not a text transformation.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Mechasanic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Changing its position seems to have worked. Thanks!
Mechasanic
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Return to Aegisub Help