Error in automation script that does hardsubs

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

Error in automation script that does hardsubs

Unread postby Bancai » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:31 am

Hey guys, so I found this automation script that does hardsubs. All is great when encoding just video, but I get an error when I want to mux audio and I'm no programmer to know what's wrong. For all I could tell is because the mkvmerge.exe doesn't have a button to select where it is located on the PC. So I manually written the path but then I get another error.

Can anyone help ?


Here is a picture of the script GUI - Pretend the Mux with audio checkbox is selected :D
Image


A picture of the error with the path manually written for mkvmerge.exe
Image

And a picture of the initial error with no path for mkvmerge.exe
Image
Attachments
enc-hsub.lua
This is the default script
(13.87 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Last edited by Bancai on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bancai
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: Error in automation script that does hardsubs

Unread postby Bancai » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:22 pm

If anyone is wondering it's "fixable" if every time you open the script gui to delete the partition letter (c) and then again writing it in lower case. I also changed the location of the mkvmerge.exe to another partition and then it's when I figured that out.

haha, before opening this thread I went in the script itself and wrote a few lines that I thought were missing (just by comparing the other similar code in the script), I added a button to the gui that was not triggering any browse window to select the mkvmerge.exe location like the x264.exe and x264_10bit.exe were doing in the default script - Tho I really believe that there should have been a button for mkvmerge.exe but either the author of the script forgot to add it or decided that adding it will make the gui extended horizontally and would leave an empty space above the button like in the bellow picture of my experiment.

Image

But I did not just add stuff to the default code, I also changed some of the code that I believed was incomplete, to my surprise even tho I changed some of the code it still worked the script was encoding with audio after using the workaround I mentioned in the beginning of the post.

Still I would like if anyone has some programming knowledge to take a look over the default script and write it so that you don't have to do the workaround every time you open the gui. And there is another small problem, using mux audio will convert the video in an mkv instead of mp4 even tho you have selected the encode name to be encoded as an mp4 (I suspect it's because of the mkvmerge.exe code).

Well that's about it for now,
Bancai
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:39 pm


Return to Aegisub Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests