Exporting problems

Don't know how to do something? Having issues running the program? Please post here.

Exporting problems

Unread postby Jacek Oska » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:03 am

Hi

I have created perfectly working subtitles (size timing etc. ) for my documentary

However they work only in ass format, when i export them to srt or any other form everything goes to shit.

I have no control over size or order of they appearance (what supposed to be on top is on the bottom etc.)

I read the manual but no matter what i do there is no change.

HELP PLEAS

what can be done ??

Regards
Jacek Oska
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: Exporting problems

Unread postby jfs » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:10 am

Yes, the SRT format cannot contain any of the advanced formatting. SRT is a very basic format that can only show a single subtitle at a time, and the only formatting it can do it bold/italics/underline.
If you want advanced formatting you need to use a different format.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Jacek Oska » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:40 am

Thank you !

Witch format ? the substitutes are for vimeo.
Jacek Oska
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby jfs » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Vimeo's recommended format is WebVTT, but Aegisub doesn't support that. WebVTT does support some advanced styling, but some of the styling features are incompatible with the ASS format Aegisub is designed for so a straight export could be difficult.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Jacek Oska » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Ok

Any suggestion for the course of action ?

Let's say i start the process again from scratch what software should i use ?
Jacek Oska
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Return to Aegisub Help