Help with "template syl"

Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Help with "template syl"

Unread postby Zyrh » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 am

Hi,

This is my first time trying to do a karaoke and I have found a big problem.

After timing each syllable with its correct time I started with effects, but if I specify "template syl" in effect box this is what I get:

Syllables get like they're one in front of other. If I use "template line" instead of "template syl" it shows the whole sentence like it should:

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Zyrh
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Help with "template syl"

Unread postby jfs » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Because "template syl" makes a new line for each syllable, all those lines will end up in the same place unless you position them. The most basic way is simply to add a \pos($x,$y) tag to the template, and leave the $x and $y exactly that way. They get replaced with the calculated position of each syllable.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Zyrh » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Thanks for your reply,

I've tried what you explained, and my template code now looks like:

Code: Select all
{\r\k$kdur\t\pos($x,$y)($start,!$start+$dur*0.3!,\fscy120)\t(!$start+$dur*0.3!,$end,\fscy100)\t($end,!$end+200!,\alpha&HFF&)\t($end,!$end+150!,\frx45)}

But, I must be doing something wrong again, cause now every line with style "karaoke" didn't appear.

I've tried too with only {\pos($x,$y)} but same result.

Aligment position is 2, so it should appear (or at least I think so)

So, if you can help me again, tnx.
Zyrh
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Zyrh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:01 am

After continue today, I've saw this

Dunno why, but position at axis x is getting not a number, for every single syllable pos is the same, (nan, -30).
Zyrh
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby jfs » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:15 pm

First, you've written:
\t\pos($x,$y)($start,!$start+$dur*0.3!,\fscy120)
That's wrong, the \t and ($start,!$start+$dur*0.3!,\fscy120) parts belong together, the entire parenthesized part is a parameter to the \t tag and the two can not be cut apart by other tags. You should place the \pos right before either the } or before the \ beginning another tag.

As for the "nan" that appears, I have never seen that before. My best guess is that there is something weird about the font you use. Try, for experiment's sake, to use a different font, and see if that makes a difference.
("nan" stands for "Not a Number", and is a result that can happen if something attempts an impossible calculation, such as calculating zero divided by zero.)
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Zyrh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:31 pm

You're right, first i've tried tight at beginning, after right before }m when I saw nothing works as should, then i've tried to inset pos in many places.

Problem is, even right before }, or even trying it along, dunno why but doesn't work.

I've started that project from the beginning, that way is working correctly (every syllable gets auto positioned), dunno what I've made wrong on first try.

Thaks for your help.
Zyrh
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Zyrh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:57 pm

jfs wrote:As for the "nan" that appears, I have never seen that before. My best guess is that there is something weird about the font you use. Try, for experiment's sake, to use a different font, and see if that makes a difference.
("nan" stands for "Not a Number", and is a result that can happen if something attempts an impossible calculation, such as calculating zero divided by zero.)

I've just tried changing font family, size, aligment, etc... nothing makes diference. And I've finished the second attempt (using same font family and styles) and now it works, so for sure I made something that makes no sense when calculating position for syllables.

Anyway, it's done and now I understand how "template syl" works.

Thanks again.
Zyrh
{\b1}
{\b1}

Return to Karaoke