Fade-in/-out values

Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Fade-in/-out values

Unread postby Kyouma » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:20 pm

I'm not really using effects for my kara (except \k and \kf), just the fade. I'm just not sure about the values. Is it better to use long values for slow/sad songs and short values for fast songs or to use one value for everything?

Thanks in advance!
Kyouma
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Fade-in/-out values

Unread postby zahj » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:00 pm

I think that it depends from the "feeling" you want to transmit. For my karas, I usually go from 200 to 500 (but it happened I had to use 1000-1500 too). In both ways, you should give the time to read the entire sentence a little before it appears. Personally, I hate when the fad starts in the moment I should already see the entire sentence, but that's just a timing issue if you don't use templates.
I don't like overlapping sentences, they are confusing, so I suggest you to use a fad time that allows the reader to clearly read every sentence, and that will not bring the sentences to overlap.
I hope it was helpful!
zahj
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Kyouma » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi, and thanks for your response! ^^

Well, I usually go with 250 at the start/end of the line, but it doesn't really work in combination with \k. I thought about just using the lead-in time for the fade. Think that's all right?
Kyouma
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby zahj » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:45 pm

In my opinion, I prefer it when you follow the screenplay of the video. I mean, you don't need to fade the ending time of a sentence if it will finish when the video changes scene. I'll try to be clearer: the sentences ends at 1:00.00, and in that precise moment the video, in which there was a character since now, changes scene showing a landscape. You don't need to add a fading effect there, the video will "cut away" the sentence, and it will be pleasant to see (for me, at least). I think that fading effects aren't always necessary, if you follow the screenplay of the video. But, if in the future you need a little fading effect, consider that even a fade time of 100 can be perceived by human eyes. That may be useful for particle effects. I don't like seeing, for example, "dust effects" in which the dust vanishes without fading.
To answer your question: yes, \fad(250,0) works perfectly fine!
zahj
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Kyouma » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:41 pm

I prefer to just cut at the keyframe as well. I just asked because I wanted to use the \k tag in my recent project, and I wasn't sure what amount of fade would go well with it. Guess I just need to fiddle around a bit with that.
Kyouma
{\b1}
{\b1}

Return to Karaoke