Fireflyes "composing" effect?

Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Fireflyes "composing" effect?

Unread postby zahj » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi, I was wondering how drawings could define patterns. I'll try to express it better: let's suppose I want to "create" a sentence with dots, cherry petals or whatever. The intro is: dots move from random position to A position creating characters (I suppose I should use a maxloop and just a random move), then they wait "wavering" for the end of the line (advanced org should be fine for it, right?), then they "scatter" away (just another move with another template or an advanced org again, right?).
The thing is that I've no idea to how to tell them "reach these points and create the sentence: I'll never understand karaoke effects". How could I define the very shape (and/or area) of something?
I found a kind of reference for this ---> https://youtu.be/6JvvmpNSh6Y?t=1m30s in the background the characters are composed by shiny dots, they wait, then they scatter, but how could I do that?
And for lightening the script, is there a way to keep a dot/drawing over in time? For example, if I use a "line" effect it could do a preline-line effect or a line-postline effect, but can it do everything in just one template?

I'm new here, I hope no one asked it before. If they asked something similar, could you send me the link to it?
Thank you very much in advance!
zahj
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Fireflyes "composing" effect?

Unread postby LeSaint » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Well, you won't be able to create a softsub karaoke for that, because that will require a lot of karaoke lines, but you can perform this kind of effects using NyuFX, or with what seems to replace it Yutils, both by Youka: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=66909

Have a look on this topic, and search around it.
LeSaint

Re: Fireflyes "composing" effect?

Unread postby zahj » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:42 pm

I see, I'll read that topic trying to figure out something about those codes and how to use them! Maybe I'll try to bug Youka if I'll not understand something... or maybe not, I don't want to get killed lol
I should really start studying programming languages, they would surely help in these cases...
Thank you very much, anyway!
zahj
{\b1}
{\b1}

Return to Karaoke