Multiple line + Timing + Text Outline Color

Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Multiple line + Timing + Text Outline Color

Unread postby 18toki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 pm

I am a noob.....
.................. in karaoke programming and I gave up writing codes..
It's just so hard.. I can create with simple karaoke using Aegisub and now I want more...
but I can't write codes..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yjT3PTrmuw
This is exactly what I need.. I have tried writing using other codes that I got from this forum but
I can not modify to make something like this... :(
I have tried.. to make something like this.. needed 2 seperated style for upper and lower..
and i needed timing codes so that text appears sooner.. and needed to change the outline color..
you understand when you look at that video... this is only effect that I need.. help.. plz..???

Code: Select all
Comment: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:00.00,Default,,0,0,0,code line all,ci = { 0,0 }; cn = _G.unicode.len(orgline.text_stripped:gsub(" ",""))
Comment: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:00.00,Default,,0,0,0,code once all,function char_counter(ref) ci[ref] = ci[ref] + 1; return "" end
Comment: 0,0:00:05.80,0:00:09.40,Default,,0,0,0,template char,!char_counter(1)!!retime("start2syl",-500+(ci[1]-1)*60,0)!{\an5\pos($center,$middle)\fad(100,0)\bord2\shad0\1c&HFFFFFF&\3c&H000000&}
Comment: 0,0:00:05.80,0:00:09.40,Default,,0,0,0,template syl,!retime("syl",0,0)!{\an5\pos($center,$middle)\kf($kdur)\bord2\shad0\1c&H0000FF&\3c&HFFFFFF&}
Comment: 0,0:00:25.92,0:00:27.92,Default,,0,0,0,template char,!char_counter(2)!!retime("syl2end",0,-500+(ci[2]-1)*60)!{\an5\pos($center,$middle)\bord2\shad0\fad(0,500)\1c&H0000FF&\3c&HFFFFFF&}

This codes are really good and I just made some changes in colors only.. and \kf is not working on this..
I think because the codes break down every letters..

I changed color on the syl to gray and it shows like this..
20130817_014535.png
20130817_014535.png (15.01 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
18toki
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: Multiple line + Timing + Text Outline Color

Unread postby Newrone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Seems like no-one knows?

I also need this, as I need the subs to cover several lines (e.g. over 1/3 of the width of the screen), but \K only works on the first line, the rest appears all at once! How do I get \K to apply over 2 or 3 lines?
Newrone
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Multiple line + Timing + Text Outline Color

Unread postby LeSaint » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Hello,

First, a few hints about these issues:
- As you saw, the \kf (or \K) animates only the inner color (but that's a very simple tag).
- The karaoke templater doesn't take the "\N" into account, you'll need to split and synchronize your lines to get what you want.

Now, if you want to reproduce the karaoke effect of your youtube link, I attach a sample that do it. To use it:
- Start from the file TemplateKaraoke_WithEffect.ass file.
- Replace the karaoke used as example with your own (correctly \k timed, like any other karaoke)
- Use the style Basic Kara Up for the odd lines
- Use the style Basic Kara for the even lines
- Modify the styles Basic Kara Up and Basic Kara to get the font, size and color you want while the song isn't played (the white text in the video)
- Modify the styles Basic Kara Played and Basic Kara Up Played (with same font, size, outline, etc...) as the other 2 styles, and change primary and outline colors (= the pink text from you link)
- Adjust the start_offset and end_offset values if necessary. These values respectively represent the start and end offset applied (in milliseconds) to the original karaoke to increase the displayed time of the first line, and the end time of each line.
- Apply the karaoke templater

The file TemplateKaraoke_WithEffect.ass gives an example of syl effect
I considered that this kind of karaoke (the next line already displayed) can be used widely, if you are supposed to sing. The file TemplateKaraoke.ass another example with a simple "\kf" effect, to give example of a line effect.

Here is a list of the limitations I know:
- Each karaoke line must stay on one line
- You'll need to manually define your styles before you apply the karaoke templater
- If there is some silent moments during the song, the next line will be displayed during that silent moment (so, the sample should be applied on a continuous song)
- Works only with 2 displayed lines at a time

Let me know if you need more details about how this is done.
Attachments
KaraokeExample.zip
(15.39 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
LeSaint

Return to Karaoke