If you have specific questions about any templates, you're welcome to create a new thread on this forum.
List of my KaraTemplates
- 2008/08/26: Spinning Blob
- 2008/09/07: Sliding \kf
- 2008/09/07: Ephemeral \kf
- 2008/09/12: X-ray Effect
- 2008/09/12: Progressbar Effect
- 2008/11/05: EZ Gradient
- 2008/11/06: EZ Gradient Xtreme
- 2009/01/12: Flipping Syllable Outlines
- 2009/01/12: Smooth \fscx
- 2009/01/13: Rolling Rectangle
- 2009/01/22: Pacman
- 2009/01/30: Flowers
- 2009/02/05: Flipping Syllable Evo
- 2009/02/08: Fading Strips
- 2009/02/13: Pulse
- 2009/03/04: Helix
- 2009/03/22: Spotlite
- 2009/03/22: Domino
- 2009/03/23: Breakout
- 2009/04/28: Helix Reloaded
More will be added from time to time
By requests (credits on effect idea go to requesters):
- 2009/01/20: Tremors (requested by Gelion)
- 2009/01/21: Meteor Slash (requested by kawajj)
- 2009/03/10: Shadow Slash (requested by HateM)
- 2009/04/23: Slide Fade (requested by Yuki`N)
Feel free to use the effects on fansubs etc, with or without mentioning my nickname but I'd appreciate if you announce in here about which effect you use for which fansub karaoke, just as a courtesy.
'E' denotes that the technique is used only in entrance/exit effect that comes along with the karatemplate
Some notes for newcomers:
- First, you need Aegisub version 2.1.x and above in order to run these templates (in attached files). Aegisub version 1.x is not supported.
- When you open these files in Aegisub, there will be prompt asking you whether you want to load the associated video; it is recommended to select Yes. You may select No and load your own video but if you do so please do not forget to File > Properties > Resolution > From video
- After you open the files in Aegisub, go to menu "Automation" > "Apply karaoke template" to have Aegisub generate the effects.
- You may want to read more about Auto4 kara-templater in other threads in order to be able to modify these templates for your purpose.
Attached file: spinblob.ass
My first kara-templater effect: spinning blob. Basically blob spinning in front of syllables
Put "mainkara" in actor field for lines that you want to apply. And skip the last one (the "template pre-line fxgroup main keeptags" one) if you use other line-per-syllable kara-templater effect ...
UPDATED Sep 08, 2008: fixed a bug that caused the blob to disappear if there are blank syllables. thanks to zheo for pointing it out