KaraTemplater Showcase

Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Re: KaraTemplater Showcase

Unread postby Youka » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

dosky wrote:If you also want softsub, you can do something like

Effect.ass -- Encode on your video
Subs.ass -- Put it in the mkv with the encoded video

That's a possible way. Problems appear by using ASS-Override Tags, especially Transforms, which your decoder can't render fast enough -> lags. Simple Subtitles are mostly just a text (position, simple style), which have no problems, but karaoke have many transforms and style information, which have to be processed while playing the video. When it's "burned" to the video before, the decoder has not to work while playing the video.
Youka

Unread postby tae » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Taken from a message after locking it by an administrator:

Locked because you are asking for people to watch a video and do all work for you replicating an effect shown on the video.

If you want people to work for you, consider offering payment or some other very compelling reason they should.
(Note: Don't recruit people for payment on these forums, I don't want to see that either.)
tae
Bad Boy

Unread postby dosky » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm

@tae
jfs has a reason to lock or delete your post, basically you ask to do a copycat of someone work.
If you really like the effect try doing it yourself, and if you have any problem ask in the forum about the problem, not the script already done.
dosky
{\move}
{\move}

Chobits Ending 1 - Effect 2

Unread postby tae » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 pm

How can you make this effect?
Attachments
chobitending1effect2.png
tae
Bad Boy

Re: Chobits Ending 1 - Effect 2

Unread postby jfs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

tae wrote:How can you make this effect?

Congratulations on earning yourself 14 days of ban.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby romeyo007 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm

hello
when i tried to use this effect on my karaoke  "shadowslash" it played fine on the Agisub but i mux the sub to the video using MKVmerge the first line appear then the whole the sub dissapper at once do u know why?
thanks
romeyo007
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Youka » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm

You muxed just the ASS-File in the video container MKV?
Softsub karaoke is not be recommended because decoder fail to process many override tags. Karaoke should be hardsubbed (subtitle file will be burned into the video).
Just one idea.
Youka

Unread postby romeyo007 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Youka wrote:You muxed just the ASS-File in the video container MKV?
Softsub karaoke is not be recommended because decoder fail to process many override tags. Karaoke should be hardsubbed (subtitle file will be burned into the video).
Just one idea.

yea i do that all the time its work with other karoake templete except with the shadowslash.
do u know how can i hardsub MKV container
romeyo007
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby eedarous » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Back again  ;D

Hi brothers

How r u ?

hope u'r well  :)

Today I come and request some effects ^^

First : this effect whether it's lua or template " I learned to use both of them ^^ " but please don't say that I can make it by using AFX cuz I haven't learnt it yet
Download the effect from media fire
Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z03zfqmjt4l

I have other requests but I'll offer them to ya in another time

This is so as not to bore you  ::)
eedarous
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby jfs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Um eedarous, your post comes through sounding like that you expect everybody else to work for you for free. You sound like the boss at a workplace telling his workers what to do.
Please understand that everybody who offers help here, and most other places on the internet, do so because they find solving those problems fun. But when you start just demanding that someone else work for you for free, it quickly stops being fun, and you have a big chance of just making enemies instead. (For an example, see a few posts above, I had to ban "tae" because he was pestering the forum with demands.)

From a helper's perspective, it's a lot more interesting to help persons who have tried solving their own problems and may just be missing one small piece to make their puzzle fit together, than it is to help people who act more like 6 year old spoiled kids crying when their mother won't give them ice cream for the fifth time that week.

Also, my personal opinion: The purpose of karaoke effects is to show off the skill of the creator. By being a copycat and simply duplicating other's work, or by having other do the work for you, you aren't showing off your own skills, and karaoke effects lose their only purpose.

So my question to you is:
Can your post really be summed up into this? "Hello, here is a video showing an effect. Duplicate that effect and send me the result when you're done. I'll be waiting!"
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Zergrinch » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 am

Imma gonna let you be helped, eedarous!

Pink comet thing looks like a modified version of ai-chan's helix kfx!  Though much more complicated!
Syllables being highlighted - \t abruptly changing \c and \3 and random \frz rotation!
Syllables falling into water - \move with \clip!
Reflection of syllables - \fad with \t animating \fscx and \fscy, with random \frz!
Dispersal after syllables strike the "water" - \t animating \bord with \blur, two lines - one \move-ing left and one going right, with outbound \fade!
Water ripples - I have no idea but it sure looks pretty!

@romeyo007

You can do it with an Avisynth script using TextSub function
DirectShowSource("Path.to.file.being.hardsubbed")
TextSub("PATH.to.Subtitle.Tile.ass")

And load it up in your favorite encoding program (I prefer meGUI but some folks like to work with Virtualdub too!)

The resulting output can be placed into an MKV file using mkvtoolnix
Last edited by Zergrinch on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I draw shapes now and then. Here are my ground rules for anyone requesting drawings:
1. 1-post requesters ignored.
2. Post a picture of desired object!
3. I am more likely to respond if you post a sample drawing that showed you at least tried.
Zergrinch
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby romeyo007 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 pm

after i hardsubed the subtitle the karaoke effect for the shadowslash were off like the stars instead being behind the text it came infront even with the flower effect the flower go farther than the text
anyone know the cause and how to fix it?
thanks
romeyo007
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Zergrinch » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 am

Does the script resolution match the video resolution?

Also, what did you use to encode?  What version of VSFILTER?
I draw shapes now and then. Here are my ground rules for anyone requesting drawings:
1. 1-post requesters ignored.
2. Post a picture of desired object!
3. I am more likely to respond if you post a sample drawing that showed you at least tried.
Zergrinch
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby romeyo007 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:43 am

ya it does match and i use HDconvertToX i converted to MKV x264 ACC and burn the subtitle to the video stream
It played correct when i run on agiesub but after encode it it missed up
romeyo007
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Ike » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Ok I have made a karaoke template and wanted you to test it out for me.

Its not perfect but hope it´s still usefull. And I used this guide as a inspiration.
http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Karao ... Tutorial_2
Attachments
sidespin_ike.ass
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 2766 times
my life is dedicated to programming... my language is programming
Ike
{\move}
{\move}

PreviousNext

Return to Karaoke