Auto4: exxact and jumping blob v2

Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Auto4: exxact and jumping blob v2

Unread postby ai-chan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 pm

It's been a while since I last coded a LUA script for automation. So here are my latest auto4 products:

Exxact

What it is:
  A library sort of like karaskel where any auto4 script can include it and use its functions
What it does:
  Calculates exact position of every syllable in karaoke line at any specific time frame (relative to line's start time)
How it does it:
  Analyze the override tags that affect each syllable and attach to it a function that takes an integer value (milliseconds relative to line's start time) and returns another function that takes a coordinate (x, y) and returns the coordinate after it has been modified by the override tags
Example:
Code: Select all
exxact.calc_syl_pos(meta, styles, subtitles, line)
local expos = line.kara[0].exxact(100)
local exxact_center_x, exxact_center_y= expos(line.kara[0].center, line.height / 2)

-- now exxact_center_x and exxact_center_y contain coordinate of the syllable center point at 100 milliseconds into the line

Completion status:
  In progress
  - Detects and works for /pos /move /frz /org but is broken for /fry and /frx
  - Doesn't support /frz inside a /t tag yet

Download at http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... exxact.lua

Use these two to test:
open http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... t_test.ass
and apply macro http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... t_test.lua

Jumping Blob v2

What it is:
  A macro and filter for karaoke effect
What it does:
  Adds jumping blobs effect where blobs jump over syllables
How it does it:
  Utilizes the exxact library and performs lots of /frz rotation on lots of blobs (one blob per syllable) to give the effect that appears as if a single blob is jumping over the syllables. The original syllables are untouched.

Download at http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... lob_v2.lua
Refer to the thread for old version of Jumping Blob (http://malakith.net/aegisub/index.php?topic=175.0) for introduction/samples of the effect
Also refer to this thread: http://malakith.net/aegisub/index.php?topic=901.0

I will post screenshots and maybe some docs later but feel free to explore the different options offered by the configuration dialog
Last edited by ai-chan on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

I am no longer working on karatemplaters so keep your requests to yourself, or try asking someone else to do them for you.
ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Re: Auto4: exxact and jumping blob v2

Unread postby HateM » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks a lotssssssssss !!!
I always loved your jumping blob ^^
I waited for version 2 so long...thanksssss, you did a great job  :-* :-* :-* :-*
HateM
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby ai-chan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:20 am

Thanx  ;)

I've updated jumping blob to version 2.01 today with the following additions:
  • Added a checkbox in config dlg for saving the modified config values for the next use
  • The following variables can be used in the blob text and will be replaced at runtime to their respective values depending on the syllables
      [li]$syl$ Syllable text (stripped of tags)
    • $start$ Syllable start time
    • $end$ Syllable end time
    • $mid$ Time between start and end
    • $kdur$ /k duration
    The effective syllable for each blob is the one the blob is heading to (not the one it's coming from) except for the last blob; last blob uses the previous syllable instead
    [/li]
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

I am no longer working on karatemplaters so keep your requests to yourself, or try asking someone else to do them for you.
ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby KoichiX » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:30 am

thx a lot!!!
it's perfect *-*

*!Koi jumps like Jumping Blob v2
xd
KoichiX
{\move}
{\move}

Unread postby ai-chan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:36 pm

KoichiX wrote:thx a lot!!!
it's perfect *-*

xd
haha thanks ... glad you like it ...

btw I'm working on another similar auto4 script ... try this in aegisub  ;): http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... sample.ass

.. i just started working on it today but most code is reused from jumping blob v2 script, and it will be highly customizable using config dialog like jumpblob. please look forwards to it soon :)

p/s: my programming interest is seasonal; at one time it is C++, then .NET then mIRC script, then Auto4 script, then back to C++ and so on ... so while I'm currently coding in Auto4/LUA, I'll code as many scripts as I can  ;D
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby zheo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:52 am

for a strange reason... don't works for me T______________T

heeelp ...plis  ;)

PD: Thanks for the script...
PD: Someone have a TenFX tool ?
PD: Overlua is Rulz!  8)
zheo
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby jfs » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:40 am

Zheo you know, you don't have to make screenshots of the error messages. They're just text, you can copy and paste the text right into your post.

Anyway, it looks like you have a case of wrong include files. My guess is that you have managed to make Aegisub load the Automation 3 utils.lua and karaskel.lua from Aegisub 1.10 or similar. Don't ask me how that can happen though. The simplest suggestions I can give you is to clear everything Aegisub-related from your computer and re-install from scratch.
Also make sure to delete your config-file in %appdata%\aegisub\.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby zheo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:24 pm

1- Gomen for the pictures :(

2-This PC is new and only have installed the aegisub 2. D:!

3-Sorry for my baaaad english xD, I from Chile.  ;D

4-Thanks for your answer ^^
zheo
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby KoichiX » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:21 am

ai-chan wrote:
KoichiX wrote:thx a lot!!!
it's perfect *-*

xd
haha thanks ... glad you like it ...

btw I'm working on another similar auto4 script ... try this in aegisub  ;): http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... sample.ass

.. i just started working on it today but most code is reused from jumping blob v2 script, and it will be highly customizable using config dialog like jumpblob. please look forwards to it soon :)

p/s: my programming interest is seasonal; at one time it is C++, then .NET then mIRC script, then Auto4 script, then back to C++ and so on ... so while I'm currently coding in Auto4/LUA, I'll code as many scripts as I can  ;D

Wow! it's very funny *-*. I like it. it's as a pinball machine xD
I will try do it =3...
And.. waiting to look the original version  8)
KoichiX
{\move}
{\move}

Unread postby ai-chan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:27 am

In case anyone finds his/her blob jumps in a strange manner (like the landing points displace in alternate amounts between syllables), that is probably caused by your drawing shape/tag. So the following suggestion is where Jumping Blob v2 meets ASSDraw3   :o

Load the drawing shape in ASSDraw3. Set a reasonable zoom level.

Open ASSDraw3 settings panel (menu Workspace > Settings).

Set "Origin cross size" to some big number like 50 or 100. You'll get a huge cross on your canvas!

Now drag (in Drag mode) the cross center so that your shape wholly sits in bottom-right quadrant (no portion/area of your shape shall intrude into the other three quadrants) yet make sure the shape touches both the horizontal and vertical lines of the cross. The drawing commands of your shape probably have all positive coordinates now (except for a few guide points of bezier curves).

Transfer the drawing commands back into jumping blob v2. I guarantee the jumps will be smoother this time around  ;D
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby Saragorn » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 am

:o It's looking so much better already! I was getting frustrated trying to manually adjust the origin.
Saragorn
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby ai-chan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:30 am

Script updated to version 2.02, same download link (v2.01 is preserved as jumping_blob_v2.01.lua)

most changes are done to make the following cool blob work :P
{\t(0,$halfdur$,\fscx50\fscy50)\t($halfdur$,$dur$,\fscx100\fscy100)\p2\shad0}m 23 0 l 15 12 l 0 16 l 10 27 l 9 42 l 23 36 l 37 42 l 36 27 l 46 16 l 31 12{\p0}

if anyone has cool ideas on the blob and needs additional inline variables (something like that $dur$), feel free to shout here  ;D

i also welcome suggestions on extra advanced settings if you think you need more madness  ::)
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby ai-chan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Jumping Blob updated to version 2.03, refer to the first post above for download link (v2.02 is preserved as jumping_blob_v2.02.lua)

====
- Added: Option to apply to lines with specific Actor
- Fixed: Jumping blobs were created even for comment lines
- Fixed: 'Apply to' and 'Blob style' config values were not being saved
- Blob text variables: re-added $kdur$ which was accidentally removed in 2.02
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby 25021984 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:57 am

Hi, Ai-chan! Just wanna ask you smthing. When I draw a new blob, the effect didnt work well. Can you explain me why I didnt go as the blob that u draw.
here is my blob: m 14 1 l 16 -1 b 5 -1 13 -14 20 -15 b 26 -8 27 3 19 0 l 19 3 l 14 1

And this is the tag I put when U extracted from lua: {\p1\shad0}m 14 1 l 16 -1 b 5 -1 13 -14 20 -15 b 26 -8 27 3 19 0 l 19 3 l 14 1  {\p0

Thanks!
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby ai-chan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 am

25021984 wrote:Hi, Ai-chan! Just wanna ask you smthing. When I draw a new blob, the effect didnt work well. Can you explain me why I didnt go as the blob that u draw.
here is my blob: m 14 1 l 16 -1 b 5 -1 13 -14 20 -15 b 26 -8 27 3 19 0 l 19 3 l 14 1

And this is the tag I put when U extracted from lua: {\p1\shad0}m 14 1 l 16 -1 b 5 -1 13 -14 20 -15 b 26 -8 27 3 19 0 l 19 3 l 14 1  {\p0

Thanks!

Refer solution below:
ai-chan wrote:In case anyone finds his/her blob jumps in a strange manner (like the landing points displace in alternate amounts between syllables), that is probably caused by your drawing shape/tag. So the following suggestion is where Jumping Blob v2 meets ASSDraw3   :o

Load the drawing shape in ASSDraw3. Set a reasonable zoom level.

Open ASSDraw3 settings panel (menu Workspace > Settings).

Set "Origin cross size" to some big number like 50 or 100. You'll get a huge cross on your canvas!

Now drag (in Drag mode) the cross center so that your shape wholly sits in bottom-right quadrant (no portion/area of your shape shall intrude into the other three quadrants) yet make sure the shape touches both the horizontal and vertical lines of the cross. The drawing commands of your shape probably have all positive coordinates now (except for a few guide points of bezier curves).

Transfer the drawing commands back into jumping blob v2. I guarantee the jumps will be smoother this time around  ;D
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Next

Return to Karaoke