Discuss and get help for karaoke effect creation here

Re: Auto4: exxact and jumping blob v2

Unread postby 25021984 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks for repllying. I'll take a try.
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby Zergrinch » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:25 pm

I have been playing around with your scripts, and the Jumping Blob really appealed to me with the simplicity of its use!  :)

I'm trying a bunch of shapes with it, including those which are not symmetrical.  I noticed this when I tried to replicate the 1990s Disney Sing-Along songs, with the bouncing Mickey serving as the blob.  Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utWrIWq2_tk

Currently, the Mickey goes round and round as it jumps.  In the script's current form, is there any way to make it steady, and just do the jumping without rotating?

A garish addition to the script might be to have the blob stand around between karaoke lines, and jump right back at the beginning of the syllable of the next line.  :p

Thanks again for sharing!
Last edited by Zergrinch on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I draw shapes now and then. Here are my ground rules for anyone requesting drawings:
1. 1-post requesters ignored.
2. Post a picture of desired object!
3. I am more likely to respond if you post a sample drawing that showed you at least tried.
Zergrinch
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby ai-chan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:32 am

Rotation is the way the semicircular motion (i.e. jumping) is generated, thus it is not possible to avoid rotating the blob. Unless of course if you simulate the jumping by doing a lots of sequential linear motions using lots of blob lines (say 10 per syllable as oppose to 1 per syllable), each with \move tag. Feel free to trudge the hard path and implement such a script.

As for making the blob jump back to beginning of next line, it is not hard to do but the result won't be as pretty as you would imagine. Remember that the jumping is actually the blob rotating in a half-circle with the diameter being the distance between the current position and the next position. The larger the diameter, the higher the arc will be. Imagine how high the arc will be when the line's width hence the diameter is 480px; answer = 240px. That one particular jumping will result in the blob distractingly flying across the center of the video. Pretty?
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

I am no longer working on karatemplaters so keep your requests to yourself, or try asking someone else to do them for you.
ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby Zergrinch » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:05 am

Ah, I see.  Guess I'll have to stick to using symmetrical shapes then (also gonna see if abusing \frz is going to mitigate rotation - probably not though).  I was planning on going crazy with cooking utensils jumping all over syllables in a 'special' episode I was gonna release on April 1.  Ah well, the hunt goes for symmetric cooking tools...

Oh, and having a 240px jump would be pretty.  Pretty garish. ;D
Last edited by Zergrinch on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I draw shapes now and then. Here are my ground rules for anyone requesting drawings:
3. I am more likely to respond if you post a sample drawing that showed you at least tried.
Zergrinch
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby Zergrinch » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:41 pm

I messed around with jumping blob some more, and I've got some more feature questions.  I know it's garish, but I'm applying it to a set of karaoke which has templater applied.

1. Upon activation of templater, said lines become commented out.  When I try to apply jumping blob, the output is also commented.  It can be circumvented of course by applying blob before template, but is it possible for the blob script lines to be un-commented in the first place?

2. Upon activation of jumping blob script, the generated lines are added right after each karaoke line.  Is it possible instead to add all lines after the last line (just like karaoke templater)?

Thanks!
Last edited by Zergrinch on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zergrinch
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby ai-chan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:58 am

Zergrinch wrote:I messed around with jumping blob some more, and I've got some more feature questions.  I know it's garish, but I'm applying it to a set of karaoke which has templater applied.

1. Upon activation of templater, said lines become commented out.  When I try to apply jumping blob, the output is also commented.  It can be circumvented of course by applying blob before template, but is it possible for the blob script lines to be un-commented in the first place?

2. Upon activation of jumping blob script, the generated lines are added right after each karaoke line.  Is it possible instead to add all lines after the last line (just like karaoke templater)?

Thanks!

I've update Jumping Blob v2 to version 2.04. Same download link (http://www.recom.org/ai-chan/aegisub_au ... lob_v2.lua)

Changes:
  • Added: Option to select whether to insert blob lines after/before original line or at the end
  • Added: Option to apply to lines with specific Effect
  • Added: The "First and last blob" advanced option. Here you can adjust the starting and ending positions of the first and last blobs respectively. Refer to 'Note on configuration "First and last blob"' below
  • Fixed: Jumping Blob now applies on lines that are commented after applying karatemplater
  • Fixed: Automatically uncomment blob lines that come from a commented line

Notes on configuration "First and last blob":
- the following tables can be used in the calculations: config, meta, syl, line, linex,
   as well as common libraries (math, string, io etc) and any functions defined in karaskel.lua and utils.lua
  • first = {x, y, sw}
      [li]x : the x position of first blob before jumping relative to the horizontal center of first syllable
    • y: the y position of first blob before jumping relative to the vertical base of the jumping (which depends on the jumping mode)
    • sw: the 'swing' amount of first blob; accepts any real value between 0 and 1 -> 1 means full-swing (180 degree or wave_angle) while 0 means no swing (0 degree)
    [/li]
  • last = {x, y, sw}
      [li]x: the x position of last blob after jumping relative to the horizontal center of last syllable
    • y: the y position of last blob after jumping relative to the vertical base of the jumping (which depends on the jumping mode)
    • sw: the 'swing' amount of last blob; accepts any real value between 0 and 1 -> 1 means full-swing (180 degree or wave_angle) while 0 means no swing (0 degree)
    [/li]
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

I am no longer working on karatemplaters so keep your requests to yourself, or try asking someone else to do them for you.
ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby Zergrinch » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey, you addressed my concerns and then some in a day.  Thanks, ai-chan!
Zergrinch
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby doubermann » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 am

Really thx! Jumping blob is perfect...

But exxact don't runs here... I loaded the exxact.lua file, then when a try to export my subs with exxact script, it doesn´t appear in the list, like jumping blob appears...

What's wrong???

Thx...
Last edited by doubermann on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
doubermann
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby ai-chan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:21 pm

doubermann wrote:Really thx! Jumping blob is perfect...

But exxact don't runs here... I loaded the exxact.lua file, then when a try to export my subs with exxact script, it doesn´t appear in the list, like jumping blob appears...

What's wrong???

Thx...

Exxact is a library. It doesn't produce any karaoke effect; instead it performs some calculations to find the syllables positions on the screen for other karaoke effect scripts to utilize - jumping blob v2 is the 1st script to utilize the exxact library.
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby $kroutz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 am

So I was trying to make a kara that moves an item from one syl to another , and fell upon your exxact library. I read the code many times but I haven't managed to find the correct variables for the next positions.

Maybe you could explain a little better how things work? I understood the library calculates the corners of a syl/line ?
$kroutz
{\move}
{\move}

Unread postby ai-chan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 am

$kroutz wrote:So I was trying to make a kara that moves an item from one syl to another , and fell upon your exxact library. I read the code many times but I haven't managed to find the correct variables for the next positions.

Maybe you could explain a little better how things work? I understood the library calculates the corners of a syl/line ?

I'm guessing that you have some experience coding Auto4 script in Lua so I'll just skip out explanations on some Auto4 routines here (like using karaskel to get meta and styles tables etc). In any case, here are the steps you need to implement/code to make use of exxact library.

1. First, the basic one, include "exxact.lua"

2. In the function that process each subtitle line, invoke the following function call:
Code: Select all
exxact.calc_syl_pos(meta, styles, subtitles, line)

What that one line does is it will append a function "exxact" to every syllable in the subtitle line. This function expects one integer parameter, which is the milliseconds elapsed since the start time of the subtitle line; and returns another function.

3. In the function that process each syllable, invoke the "exxact" function. Sample:
local expos = syl.exxact(syl.start_time)

There might be cases where you will use different parameter than syl.star_time, but since Exxact library is not yet complete, currently the only situation that this parameter will make any difference is if the line contains a \move tag. Otherwise, passing 0 as the parameter should suffice --> syl.exxact(0)

4. Next, we utilize the function that was returned by invoking syl.exxact to calculate the coordinates. The function expects two parameters, which are the x and y coordinates of any particular point on the syllable relative to the top-left corner of the first syllable of the line (hence the top-left corner of the line).
For example, if you want to get the exact position of horizontal-center and vertical-middle of the syllable, simply call:
local x, y = expos(syl.center, line.height / 2)

To get the exact position of bottom-right corner of the syllable, call:
local x, y = expos(syl.right, line.height)

Take note that this library is still incomplete; it can only correctly handle lines that have \pos, \move, \org and \frz. In particular, the \t tag is not yet supported, and \fry is still experimental (I need to study the VSFilter codes or ASS specifications to determine how those tags work first)
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby $kroutz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 am

Ok I think I understood most of it. I have some experience in coding in auto4 lua.(I have made 5-6 karaoke scripts). Im gonna pretty much have the script check the lines first then , apply the movement on my item (\p tag) , and probably input the other effect I want.(Like a shine or something , nothing with move or spins.)

The expos calculates the next position right?Not the current one.(current=the one I can get from $sx,$sy)

Thanx ai-chan!
$kroutz
{\move}
{\move}

Unread postby kyumin_lover » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:13 am

Why when I apply Exxact.lua and jumping_blob_v2, it notice that: Error loading Lua script " jumping_blob_v2": aegisub

Please help me!!!  T_T
kyumin_lover
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby ai-chan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:52 am

kyumin_lover wrote:Why when I apply Exxact.lua and jumping_blob_v2, it notice that: Error loading Lua script " jumping_blob_v2": aegisub

Please help me!!!  T_T

What's your Aegisub version?
- ASSDraw3
- Jumping Blob v2
- KaraTemplater Showcase
- Gradient Factory

ai-chan
{\clip\t(\clip)}
{\clip\t(\clip)}

Unread postby kyumin_lover » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:09 am

It's 2.1.6..... >:(

Please help me!!

Thanks ;)
kyumin_lover
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

PreviousNext