Feature Request : A hotkey to add and reduce time by 20ms

For submission of patches, language translations, discussing implementation of some feature, etc.

Feature Request : A hotkey to add and reduce time by 20ms

Unread postby orine » Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello Aegisub, I just started a freelancer as a timing team for creating subtittle, and this software is really handy as it is recommended by most people.

However, I'd like to request one feature that allow us to add and reduce time at the beginning of time by 20ms, as this is very crucial in making a best quality of subtitle. For right now, I just use my mouse and wait a popup screen to show how much different time I'm making, and this is really slow down my work especially when I do the timing for 3 hours of video that make about 1500+ lines.

I even want to donate if you can make my request happened.
orine
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Feature Request : A hotkey to add and reduce time by 20m

Unread postby jfs » Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

There are already commands to do this, although by default only available in "Medusa Mode".

These two commands adjust the start time by 10 ms:

You can create hotkeys for them in the Audio context (just above the Always context, aka. Medusa Mode) if you want them to be available during normal timing work.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby orine » Thu May 04, 2017 5:55 am

I tried it but it seems not working. I changed the hotkeys to [ and ], tried to hit it couple of times but the time didnt change at all.
orine
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby orine » Thu May 04, 2017 9:06 am

Sorry for double post...Also I want to know if there is a feature to delete the text in all selected lines, so I don't have to delete it one by one.
orine
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby jfs » Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

This configuration works for me:

I/O adjust start time and K/L adjust end time. Works when the audio display is in focus, together with the other regular timing keys (ASDFGQWERZX).
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby orine » Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 am

Ah, Ok...I missed a word that I have to create a new command in audio tab. I can use the hotkey now.

About my question no.2, could you give me the answer too?
orine
{\b1}
{\b1}

Unread postby jfs » Sat May 06, 2017 7:28 am

One option is a regular expression find/replace for .* ("anything") and replace it with nothing:

jfs
Developer

Unread postby orine » Sat May 06, 2017 9:15 am

Very Nice! Thank you for the support!
orine
{\b1}
{\b1}

Return to Development