Feature Requests: Pre-Indexing and Local Persistent Indexing

For submission of patches, language translations, discussing implementation of some feature, etc.

Feature Requests: Pre-Indexing and Local Persistent Indexing

Unread postby WhosAsking » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:58 pm

I am posting this because I am finding it annoying when I have to deal with either lots of video files or big files that I have to wait for the files to be indexed before I can use them as templates for subtitling work. I am wondering if there is a way to perhaps have either an external program or internal function that would let you do these kinds of things in advance and in batch so they can be done while you're away doing something else and not waiting each time.

Another related idea, based on my experience with other programs that use FFMS-based code like AviDemux. You currently cache your index files in a directory local to you and only keep so many. Other programs store the index files local to the media file while allow them to either persist or be deleted at the user's discretion. Could Aegisub add an option so that video index files can be cached local to the video and thus allowed to persist so that they don't have to be re-indexed if I go back to a file 30 files later after the original cache is gone?
WhosAsking
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Return to Development