Get log in TXT format after crash

For submission of patches, language translations, discussing implementation of some feature, etc.

Get log in TXT format after crash

Unread postby XavierNovella » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:58 am

Hello all,
For some days now i have been having random crashes using Aegisub 3.2.2. Although not recommended, I was using 64-bit version.
I installed over 32-bit version to see if the issue was solved, but to no avail. I still have the seemingly random crashes.
I know there is Help>Log window to see the application log until the moment, but this window resets every time Aegisub restarts so it is not useful to retrieve the last intend that caused the program to crash. Is this data stored somewhere as TXT? Can I retrieve it somehow?
What I do know is that I could use the program without listening to audio or watching the video without problems, editing text as in Notepad++, but that reproducing media causes the crash sometimes.
Can somebody help?
I do not know if the soft is still being developed and this may be solved, but I am sure that I will be able to get an idea and try to solve it with a workaround, if possible.
It is an annoying bug...

Thank you,
Xavi
XavierNovella
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

(solved) Get log in TXT format after crash

Unread postby XavierNovella » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Sorry, after 2 days I found the problem.
Event Viewer in Windows allowed me to find the problem. MSVCRP120.dll or similar name was causing crash.
I found it was a part of Microsoft visual C++ redistributable package 2013.
I downloaded both x64 and x86 reinstalled reboot and it worked.
Thank you
XavierNovella
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Return to Development