To create Closed Caption

For submission of patches, language translations, discussing implementation of some feature, etc.

To create Closed Caption

Unread postby Mellowmanx@aol.com » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:51 am

Can ya add so it will become individual to deaf people, not relying on hearing people. Because hearing people only need themselves to know what is say or not, and audio do help. So, deaf need to reply hearing device or person to get info for closed caption for closed caption editors. So, it will be balance between hearing and deaf. So, can you make it so you can create closed caption from any format. Convert sound into words with time stamp.
Mellowmanx@aol.com
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Re: To create Closed Caption

Unread postby jfs » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're really asking for.

Aegisub can already be used to create closed captions, but it requires a person to transcribe the audio manually.

If you're asking for a fully automated way to do that, with the computer using speech recognition to automatically try making captions, it's very unlikely to be done. It will require a high quality speech recognition engine that can be built into Aegisub, I don't know of any that could possibly be used without expensive licensing.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Unread postby Mellowmanx@aol.com » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:56 am

Ok, you can make it happen, so it will not rely on hearing people, but self-depend from deaf people. You say expensive license, what mean? Ya can make it happen, so when use it, it will hear the sound and convert into words. Same as tape recorder. But it is upgrade tape recorder, that cause words to be visual with time stamp. Well, I am sure tape recorder don't have time stamp and visual. So, it is upgrade with two input in it, time stamp and visual words, to make it happen. Like a tape is old fashion, so DVD is new fashion. A device for deaf people. Deaf people only create their own video and other stuff, but not convert already video to input closed caption. So, it is behind, way behind from audio.
Mellowmanx@aol.com
Comic Sans MS
Comic Sans MS

Unread postby jfs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 pm

As an example, YouTube has a function to create automatic captions for a video that doesn't have human created ones. I know Google puts a lot of effort into computer vision and computer hearing research, so the automatic captioning they offer should be some of the best possible with current technology.
But, my experience with those automatic captions is that they are still very incorrect and often make no sense at all. That's the best technology available from one of the biggest companies. Aegisub would never be able to do better than that.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Return to Development