Req: Export blank video

For submission of patches, language translations, discussing implementation of some feature, etc.

Req: Export blank video

Unread postby ZippyDSMlee » Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 pm

This is almost so simple its dumb, but it would be nice to output the subs either in or with a separate blank video. The reason as newer video editors come out most support layering and some support blending. It would be nice to toss it in a layered timeline hit a blend option to null the black/color on it and have the subtitle shine through so I can do my edits with the karaoke more efficiently.

Works with rain and other effects so why not subs? Oh well just a thought.
ZippyDSMlee
{\b1}
{\b1}

Re: Req: Export blank video

Unread postby jfs » Sun May 29, 2016 7:28 pm

All current versions of VSFilter.dll have an AviSynth function called MaskSub which will produce a 32 bit RGB+Alpha clip of the subtitles on transparent background, at any resolution and framerate you want. The main challenge is then finding a tool and codec that will let you encode that to a functioning file with alpha channel intact.
Do not PM me asking for help with Aegisub, Automation, karaoke or anything like that, I won't reply.
Ask your questions in the public forums. Use the Search function, somebody probably asked the same question before.
All rights reserved to call you insults if you ask poorly thought out or redundant questions.
Experimenting is free and is a great way to learn things.
jfs
Developer

Return to Development